SHOW of HANDS HOLIDAY 2018 vendor application
* applications are now closed *
NOVEMBER 16-18, 2018 • ARTIFACT EVENTS CHICAGO
important dates + event details
Show of Hands Holiday 2018
FRIDAY Preview Night
November 16, 2018
5pm - 9pm, Tickets $10 / available October 2018
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
November 17 + 18, 2018
10am - 5pm, both days, FREE!
Artifact Events AKA Architectural Artifacts
4325 N Ravenswood Ave • Chicago
*one block east of the Montrose Brown Line El Stop
applications are now CLOSED!APPLICATION DEADLINE
SUNDAY August 19th @ 12 midnight CST
*applications submitted after this date will not be considered
APPLICATION NOTICES SENT by end of day
FRIDAY August 31st 2018
HOLIDAY 2018 VENDOR LIST POSTED
TUESDAY September 4th 2018
what to expect from the show
TOO LEGIT TO QUIT
For our 2018 Holiday Show, we're looking for a select group of quality artists, designers & craftspeople to sell their goods to an estimated 7,500+ shoppers. This 3-day show will take place November 16-18, 2018, at the amazing Artifact Events aka Architectural Artifacts (just one block from the Montrose Brown Line El Station), in Chicago, Illinois.
To get a feel for the type & caliber of vendors we're looking for, please check out the list of vendors from our most recent show (Spring 2018). These are top-notch designers & business owners who all individually added something amazing and unique to the show as a whole. While it's not required that applicants have long-established businesses, sell a certain type or price-point of products, or are specifically located in Chicago, we are always looking for our vendors to possess some very specific qualities:
GOOD DESIGN • PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATION • CONFIDENCE IN YOUR WORK
AND THE QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP TO BACK IT UP
We are also extremely careful not to over-saturate any one product category at the show. SHOW of HANDS is a smaller event as far as craft shows and art fairs go (our upcoming show will boast a highly-curated group of only 100-115 vendors). The last thing we want is for shoppers to feel like there is too much of any one thing.
*Please note: if you don't see a business like yours represented on our past vendors list, that does not necessarily mean that you're not a business that we would consider including. Many of our favorite vendors are new businesses in categories that are hard to define!
BOOTH FEES + PARTICIPATION LEVELS
- Vendors applying for a STANDARD BOOTH SPACE will placed in a 45-48 sq.ft. space (either 6x8ft -or- 5x9ft )
*double booth spaces are also available at an additional cost (see below)
- Vendors may also apply for a SHARED BOOTH SPACE = 2 Vendors sharing 1 Standard Booth
*See "PARTICIPATION LEVELS" below for additional information on Shared Booth Spaces.
- All booth spaces include (1) 6ft table and (1) chair
*additional tables, 4ft & 8ft tables, and additional chairs available at an additional cost (see below)
- There are a select number of booths with wall space and/or access to electricity. In the weeks leading up to the show, we will contact vendors regarding these (or other) special requirements;
*while meeting everyone's requests is not always possible, we will do our best to accommodate as many vendors as we can.
- Prior to the show, there will be a walkthrough of the space and an informational Q+A held at Artifact Events (located at 4325 N Ravenswood Ave in North Center) to help vendors prepare (and get psyched!) for the big event.
The walkthrough for this year's Holiday Show will take place Saturday, November 3rd @ 10am.
- Since our venue is also the home of Architectural Artifacts (a retail store, open 7 days a week, 10am-5pm) we encourage you to visit the space on your own time, as well. Seeing the space in person and browsing their 80,000 sq.ft. warehouse is an experience like no other.
- Promotional postcards & posters will be provided to all vendors in the months leading up to the show, for mailing, handing out + posting all over town!
- Other promotional tools include (but are in no way limited to) a dedicated Show of Hands website and blog, dedicated Instagram feed (@showofhandschicago), Twitter feed (@showofhandschi) and Facebook Page (facebook.com/showofhandschicago), as well as a 6-week CTA Ad Campaign and thousands of printed programs handed out to all attendees of the show.
- PLUS a SPECIAL FRIDAY NIGHT PREVIEW EVENT, Vendor Goodie Bags, a Vendor Lounge, free coffee + other refreshments all weekend long & much, much more!
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES for VENDORS
In addition to regular vendor spaces, we are also offering a handful of VENDOR / SPONSOR spots to those businesses who would like both a booth space and the additional promotion that comes with being a sponsor. More info below...
• standard vendor booth $500
• shared vendor booth $275*
• double booth $1000
+ADD SPONSORSHIP $400Upgrade your vendor participation to include
note: Sponsorship cannot be added to "Shared Booth" Applications
NOTE: Charges will display on your bank statement or PayPal receipt as ORANGEBEAUTIFUL LLC > the company that owns/operates SHOW of HANDS Chicago!
*SHARED BOOTH INFORMATION IMPORTANT
For our upcoming show, we ask that all vendors applying for a SHARED BOOTH SPACE apply & submit payment individually. We highly encourage you to pair up with someone before applying. You'll be asked to enter your booth partner's name on your application.
If you are interested in applying for a SHARED BOOTH SPACE, but do not have a 2nd vendor to share with, we will do our best to pair you up with another, complementary vendor who has also applied for a shared space.
If you are accepted to participate in the show with a SHARED BOOTH, it is your responsibility to work with your booth partner in advance of the show to determine how you will share setup, display space, signage, manning the booth, load out, etc.IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that we consider both vendors as one pair when deciding if an application is accepted or rejected.
ALSO: Be aware that applying alone for a shared booth increases your risk of not being accepted if we're unable to pair you up.
wanna be a sponsor, too?While all participating vendors will be extensively promoted simply by participating in the shop, VENDOR/SPONSORS will receive everything included with our SHOUT-OUT SPONSORSHIP LEVEL >
- your business info and/or logo on all promotional print materials (postcards & posters, etc.)
- logo on all ads for our 6-week CTA Ad Campaign
- mention in all press releases
- your logo on feature signage at the show
- a highlighted listing in our show directories
- permanent listing on our website's Sponsors Page
- additional press opportunities leading up to (and following) the show, available only to sponsors
- +plus some very special promotional opportunities new for this year's Holiday Show!
In order to be considered for participation in SHOW of HANDS Holiday 2018, you will need to submit the online application and pay your full booth fee by Sunday, August 19th, 2018 at 12 midnight CST.
a $25 application fee is included in all booth costs**This fee covers administrative costs associated with receiving, managing & reviewing hundreds of vendor applications prior to each show.
LESS THE $25 APPLICATION FEE BY EOD September 4th 2018
The online application (link at the bottom of this page) will ask for your company information and contact details. In order to see your work and evaluate whether or not you'd be a good fit for our show, we ask that you provide us with a link to your website*, as well as a brief description of your work.
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A WEBSITE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR PARTICIPATION IN OUR SHOW.
Please be sure that the website you submit has clear, easily accessible images & information that represent your most current work, and the work you plan on bringing to the show.
NOTE: Etsy shops and other online shopping platforms are acceptable; Facebook pages & Instagram feeds WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
If you have any questions about the application process, please let us know
If you choose (or are forced) to cancel, you will receive a full refund, less the $25 Application Fee, if and only if we are notified of your cancellation before Monday, October 8th 2018 (6 weeks before the show). Any cancellations made after this date will NOT receive a refund.
*Vendors are not permitted to sell, trade or give away their booth space for any reason.
LICENSES, PERMITS & WAIVERS
As either a business or an individual selling goods to the general public at this event, you will be required to charge & pay Chicago/IL Sales Tax (10.25%) regardless of where you/your business resides. Don't worry if this is a new thing for you. If accepted, we'll provide further information and answer any and all questions that Vendors have about selling, licensing, paying taxes, insurance, etc.All participating vendors will be asked to provide one of the following:
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please use the links below to begin your application. All applicants will fill out the same application form, which will ask for some information about you, your business, your products, etc. Once you have completed the form, you will be taken to a payment page where you must submit the full booth fee in order to complete your application.NOTE: The Early Bird Application discount included in the booth prices until 9am CST, Saturday, July 28th. After this date, all booth fees will revert to their full price.
APPLICATION NOTICES WILL BE SENT FRIDAY, AUGUST 31ST